Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I'm gonna miss this....


So I took a long blog hiatus......I didn't plan to, but that's what happened. I so want to do better. I want this blog to help me remember, I want to post pictures here.....I hope I can do it.

Today was Brakston's first day of preschool. This is his teacher, Mrs. Hamm. I've worked with Mrs. Hamm for the last 8 years, she is a wonderful teacher. As much as I enjoy watching Brakston grow up, my heart was a little heavy today. I read a blog the other day that summed up my feelings of late. It was all about "I'm gonna miss this" and that's exactly what I've been thinking lately. I hate the hustle, bustle of everyday life. I have to remember to take time to read, and play playdough, and just run around outside. There's always so much to do.....I have a bad habit of letting life get in the way of having fun, of just being "together" because I know, this time goes by so fast. I don't "wanna miss this." There are so many that would give anything to spend more time with their children.

I found out today that a 16-year old student in my former high school passed away this morning. I went to school with his dad. I didn't know Brandon, but I had read about his fight with leukemia on facebook. One of my very best friends (since we were three years old) has a 9-year old fighting leukemia. She'll be having a stem cell transplant in a few weeks. I think about them and pray for them constantly.

I can't express my feelings adequately. I am, however, changing how I do things. I will read one more book at night, even when I've read it three times already, I will play playdough before doing the dishes, I will color with markers instead of watching tv, because I know, one day, probably sooner than I'd like, I'm gonna miss this.

No comments: