Monday, August 11, 2008

We survived our first day of daycare!!




I say "we" survived because it was hard on me too. I didn't want to leave him today. Since he didn't know what was going on, he didn't cry when we snuck out, but when I returned with his shoes 15 mintues later (who knew......it's a state regulation that they have to wear shoes over the age of 1), he was really crying, and he didn't even see me. He was SO excited when I picked him up at 3:00. I don't start work until Wednesday, but I have to move my office and I didn't want us both to start on the same day, so that's why he started today. I know tomorrow is going to be bad, he'll know what's going to happen. It's harder than I imagined. I just hope he'll understand that we're not leaving him too. He's been thru a lot, first he lost his birth mother, and then his foster family. I know he had to be scared today, and that just eats at me......but, I have to work, at least a little.




Here's a couple of pictures from his birthday party in French Lick last weekend, he had a good time, he's still scared of my dad, which is so awful, but I hope that if we make an effort to get down there more, he'll get used to him.




1 comment:

side of fries said...

That cake is the size of his head... that's the way to celebrate. And hang in there... you'll make it.