Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Where did my baby go?





























Oh my goodness, who took my baby and replaced him with this crazy toddler????






















You would never know today that he had the "snip snip" surgery yesterday. This kid has been into everything today, it's 2:20 and I'm exhausted, good thing Grams (Penny) is coming tonight. He has taken a great interest in my keyboard and does everything in his power to get to it, moving everything that I use to block it out of his way. He walks with his walker everywhere and hardly ever crawls. Now, he just needs to let go. As you can see, he loves his Harley, that poor dog takes a lot of abuse from B. Today Brakston threw my books from my bookshelf all to the floor, everyone that he could reach. He loves cassette tapes. I found some that I forgot to put in the garage sale and he has great fun opening them and closing them...whew we just had a tug-of-war as he's trying to move a storage container away from the computer so that he can reach the keyboard.
He now says "Cassey" for both dogs, we're still working on Harley. He says "no," "mom," "dad," (with a huge emphasis on the final D), "fish," "please," and "yes." He signs "more please" when he wants something. Using two signs together is a huge step, I've very proud of him for moving on to two-word phrases so quickly. (On average, typical children start using two-word phrases between 20 and 24 months) He signs "more" and/or "please" every time he wants something now, we just don't always know what he wants.
We've now been home over 5 months, that doesn't seem possible. He's such a blessing, but boy, I need a nap!!
Oh, the lion picture is us practicing for Halloween. He loved his costume.

No comments: