Thursday, September 4, 2008

Sick again!!



We had a scary night last night. At 9:30 when I was putting a cranky Brakston to bed, I realized he was hot!! We took his temp and it was somewhere between 101 and 104 (those ear thermometers are worthless). I called out doctor at home, who's luckily a friend of ours, and after talking with him, Boomer went off to the store. I gave him Tylenol at 10:30 and then when I woke him up at 12:30 for the Motrin, the fever was gone and it stayed away, until this afternoon when it was back to 102. Ugh!! Brian told us to come in this morning at 9:00, which we did, and he has an upper resp. infection, but his ears looked good. Two weeks ago it was a double ear infection. It seems like as soon as the antibiotics were done, he was sick again. Oh the joys of daycare!! I hope when he wakes up the fever is back down. I made the mistake of not giving him any medicine after the doctor visit because his fever was back to normal. Guess that wasn't a good idea.
The pictures are from last weekend. We had dinner with Pops, Nana, and LT's stepsister Paula and her boyfriend Nick. Paula hadn't met Brakston yet. They got along very well as you can see from the photos. (Pops=Larry, Nana=Margie).
UPDATE: His temp is down again, thank goodness. Hopefully it stays that way.

No comments: